21.12.2013 - 02.01.2014
We have officially been in transit - from the time we left home - for 27 hours - if only the USA was closer to home, but right now we are too tired and numb to care!
One more flight until we arrive in New York City!
And there is snow on the Tarmac! We are the only family excited by the cold...... Still hopeful for snow in NYC!
Let me share the adventure of a new country with you from my families eyes:
- They have had a giggle at the accent - particularly when one of the flight attendants gave me the polite laugh and nod - like you do when you have no idea what the person just said..... us Aussies are so hard to understand!
- Teen 2 has discovered at lunch that there is no such thing as a small at Mc Donald's - the small coke is equivalent to Aussie large and the small chips is equal to the medium.
- All of the boys have used their US dollars to pay for various purchases and are bamboozled by the coins...... It will still take some working out. I think there is a novelty with using the cash - at this rate we will run out of money by day two!
- The tween and Teen 1 discovered that there is a vending machine that takes notes. Also that there are vending machines for everything - including scratchies- yes the lotto ones!
- The boys couldn't wait to use the toilet in a stall..... To see how it fills with water! Bizarre